Meatloaf without bread? Is that possible? Yes it is! We don’t need an unnecessary filler like bread crumbs or old stale bread for our meatloaf, just throw in a few extra eggs (helps hold it together) and BAM! Extra protein, it just got REAL!
What about ketchup? Again we are not 5, we are grown folk, we don’t put ketchup on our ketchup, instead we use pureed roasted red peppers, no added sugar and taste even better!
- 5-lbs of grass-fed ground beef
- Coconut oil
- 1-onion, quartered
- 2, 12-oz jars of roasted red peppers (drained)
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- Optional – 3 carrots
- Optional (but delicious) – 2-cup of raw milk Parmesan cheese (Trader Joes)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees .
- Using a food processor add the onion and carrots (optional) and finely chop.
- In a medium skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Puree the roasted peppers in the food processor; set aside about 1 cup
- Add the remaining roasted pepper puree along with the cooked onion and carrots, 1 ½ -cup of Parmesan, the parsley, 5 eggs, Salt and Pepper. Then add the ground beef to the bowl and mix well. It is easiest to mix by hand. Warning – it can be cold on your hands, so you need to be strong 😉
- Transfer the meat mixture to a large casserole pan or to two smaller loaf pans; spread the reserved roasted pepper puree on top. Bake for 1-hr, sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of Parmesan on top and bake for 5 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
The best part is this recipe will produce lots of left overs for the week!
Here is a video we made of this recipe: